Topless FEMEN Activists Charged With Debauchery
- The African country of Tunisia put three activists from the topless feminist group FEMEN on trial for debauchery after they bared their breasts in the city’s capital in May. Their lawyers say the women were not behaving in a debauched manner in the deeply Islamic country because they were staging a political protest, not trying to sexually arouse anyone. [Huffington Post]
- Samantha Power, a former adviser to President Obama, will be named as the United States’ ambassador to the United Nations. Power is replacing Susan Rice, who will become Obama’s national security advisor. [Huffington Post]
- Hitched columnist Andrea Grimes on how Austin might become the first city in Texas to offer 30 days of paid parental leave to city employees. Note it is parental leave — it could be moms, dads, even same-sex couples. [RH Reality Check]
- How women use clothing for protection — from anti-rape underpants to chastity belts. [Daily Beast]
- Is cunnilingus the new macho sex boast? [Salon]
- “Buffy” and “Firefly” creator Joss Whedon talks about superheroines on film and being raised by a “hardcore feminist.” [Daily Beast]
- 222 million women in developing countries want access to contraception so they can plan parenthood. Here’s how the $1 billion in the United States’ share of international family planning funds breaks down per American! [Population Action]
- One of our favorite blogs, Everyday Sexism, has expanded to Australia, Check it out! [Australia.EverydaySexism.com]
- Nine inspiring lessons British suffragettes can teach feminists today. [Guardian UK]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.