Children’s Network Debuting “SheZow,” A Show About A Gender-Bending Crime Fighter
- The Hub, a children’s network, is soon debuting an Australian cartoon called “SheZow” about a 12-year-old boy who morphs into … a girl! Gus turns into SheZow, a superhero girl, when he says “You go girl!” and suddenly becomes clad in a purple skirt and pink gloves. And yes, conservatives are losing their mind over this. [NYDaily News]
- Almost 40 percent of mothers with children under 18 are also the family breadwinners, according to a report released today by the Pew Research Center. Additionally, the number of married moms who out-earn their husbands has almost quadrupled. Changing gender roles, yay! Interestingly, half of those surveyed also said they thought it was better if moms with young children stayed home. [Washington Post]
- Women were encouraged to strip on poles and told they would be given better jobs at the New York City Parks Department, sources have told The New York Daily News. [NYDN]
- On Lauryn Hill, Beyoncé, black femininity, and the politics of a persona. [Flavorwire]
- On why a domestic workers’ bill of rights, which will be voted on in the California Assembly today, is important. [Think Progress]
- On reproductive coercion: when men sabotage birth control to keep women dependent on them. [NYMag.com]
- Brittany Griner, the WNBA’s #1 draft pick and an out lesbian, on the hateful comments people make about her: “Reading what people say makes me want to be me even more.” [ESPN]
- How not to write about a female astronaut. [SCATX]
- Does Tyler Perry have an issue with black women? Here’s five thoughts on his new show, “The Haves And The Have Nots.” [Crunk Feminist Collective]
- Are the women on “Nashville” feminists? [The Broad Side]
- Banning lingerie-clad mannequins is totally going to fix that rape problem, India. [Indian Express]
- Three activists from FEMEN, the Ukrainian feminist group, bared their breasts in Tunis, Tunisia, to protest the arrest last week of Amina Tyler, a young woman who posted a topless picture of herself online and was threatened with death by stoning. Nineteen-year-old Amina was arrested for carrying “a dangerous object,” apparently pepper spray, and is believed to have been targeted by police. [Huffington Post]
- On the abusive working conditions women face at a Nike factory in Cambodia. [Common Dreams]
- Paris, France may soon have its first-ever female mayor in the city’s history. [Huffington Post]
- Julie Maroh, the author of the graphic novel Blue Is The Hottest Color, is not happy with the lesbian sex scenes in the film adaptation, which just won the top prize at Cannes. [IndieWire]
- The governor of Puerto Rico has signed two bills which ban LGBT discrimination and add protections for sexual orientation and gender identity to domestic violence laws. [Washington Blade]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.