Jerry Lewis On Women Comedians: “I Cannot Sit And Watch A Lady Diminish Her Qualities”
- Comedian Jerry Lewis does not like any dainty little flowers, I mean women, who perform comedy, because it’s just so crass and unladylike. “I don’t have any,” he said when asked to name his favorite comediennes. “I can’t see women don’t that. It bothers me … I cannot sit and watch a lady diminish her qualities to the lowest common denominator.” And this is not, in fact, the first time the 87-year-old has said made bigoted statements like this. [The Daily Beast]
- And on that note, here’s Christina Wilkinson, the comic who was sexually heckled by men in the audience and then punished by the comedy owners for asking why they didn’t toss the hecklers out. [xoJane]
- Mississippi may soon jail women who suffer miscarriages and stillbirths under manslaughter laws. [Mother Jones]
- College women are drinking more alcohol and doing it more frequently than college men, according to a new study in a journal called (uh oh) Alcoholism. [Huffington Post]
- A trans high school senior in Albuquerque, New Mexico, skipped graduation instead of wearing the white gown worn by female graduates that the school was trying to force him to wear. Damian Garcia asked to wear the black cap and gown worn by male graduates and was refused. [Advocate]
- An abortion clinic counselor writes about her own pregnancy. [Feministing]
- This letter posted on the wall of a girl’s bathroom stall will give you the warm and fuzzies. [Jezebel]
- A candidate for Lt. Governor of Virginia is very concerned that marriage equality will lead to sex with bulls. Yes, bulls. [LGBTQ Nation]
- An interview with Lauren Greenfield, director of the must-see documentary “Queen Of Versailles.” [Rookie Mag]
- Russia has denied parole to one of the members of Pussy Riot, who went on a hunger strike yesterday because she was banned from attending her own parole hearing. [NYmag.com]
- On how the garment industry in Bangladesh exploited women workers through low wages. [Huffington Post]
- Here’s how India’s Bollywood actors and actresses are fighting back against sexual violence. [Huffington Post]
- The UN Population Fund is focusing on contraception for 222 million in the developing world. [Jakarta Globe]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.