Women, Action & The Media Calls On Facebook To Address Gender-Based Hate Speech
- Feminist media group Women, Action & The Media (WAM) has called upon Facebook to address gender-based hate speech on the site, in particular groups and pages that condone rape and domestic violence, such as “Raping Your Girlfriend” or “Domestic Violence: Don’t Make Me Tell You Twice.” In an open letter, WAM asks that Facebook recognize speech about violence against women and girls as hate speech and agree not to tolerate it; train moderators to recognize and remove hate speech; and train moderators to understand how online harassment impacts the Facebook community. You can also contact five prominent companies who have run ads which appeared alongside violent and hateful content, including Dove and American Express, in hopes that they will put pressure on Facebook, too. [Women Action Media]
- A federal appeals court has struck down Arizona’s ban on abortions after 20 weeks of pregnancy, calling it unconstitutional. [The Daily Beast]
- Everything you need to know about how to pass the Paycheck Fairness Act. [Marie Claire]
- Minnesota is expected to allow in-home childcare and personal care workers the right to unionize. [Think Progress]
- On the bizarre convention of “never asking a woman her age.” [The F Word]
- Meet 18-year-old Brittany Wenger, a high school student in Sarasota, Florida, who taught a computer how to diagnose leukemia … [Mashable]
- Why is Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer scrutinized about her work/life balance when male CEOs are not? [The Daily Beast]
- Five jokes about feminism that are actually funny. [Bitch Magazine]
- Female directors to watch out for in 2013! [Female First UK]
- Oman has proposed a ban on women wearing face-covering niqab veils while driving. [The Daily Beast]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.