Women Don ’60s “Mad Men” Costumes To Protest North Carolina Birth Control Refusal Bill
- North Carolina’s state house is set to debate a bill that would allow employers to refuse coverage of employees’ birth control. In protest, a bunch of women dressed up in ’60s-era “Mad Men” garb and sat in the audience! [RH Reality Check, Huffington Post]
- A bakery in Oregon is refusing to provide a cake to lesbian brides. Oh this again?. [Raw Story]
- The White House is taking proactive steps to lower the wage gap between male and female federal workers. [AL.com]
- The director of the Pentagon’s Sexual Assault Prevention and Response office said that sexism needs to be taken as seriously as racism within the military. Hear, hear! [USA Today]
- Meanwhile, a soldier who was to set up a sexual assault prevention program in Texas has been arrested for “abusive sexual contact.” Facepalm. [Talking Points Memo]
- Despite a lack of medical necessity, Missouri will now require that a doctor be present when a woman takes the first dosage of the RU-486 abortion pill. [The Kansas City Star]
- A woman of color explains why she was never part of the Riot Grrrl movement. [Bitch Magazine]
- Parents of Lauren Dunne Astley, an 18-year-old Massachusetts girl who was murdered by her ex-boyfriend, urged lawmakers this week that dating violence should be included in health classes in public schools. [The Republic]
- How effective are business gender quotas? [The Daily Beast]
- Is Zoe Saldana using bisexuality as a PR tactic? [Flavorwire]
- Here’s a kickass prank some feminist employees pulled using sexualized artwork in the gaming industry. [The Hawkeye Initiative]
- On Mindy Kaling only making out with white guys on “The Mindy Project.” [Jezebel]
- Model Jennie Runk, 24, explains how she got her plus-size modeling career off the ground. [BBC]
- Only 15 percent of the UK’s television presenters over age 50 are women, according to a new study alleging ageism against women. [>Guardian UK]
- Brazil’s National Council of Justice said the country must issue marriage licenses, not civil union documents, to same-sex couples. [BBC]
Follow me on Twitter. Email me at Jessica@TheFrisky.com.
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.