Rep. Michele Bachmann Urges “Spiritual Warfare” Against Marriage Equality, Reproductive Rights
- Rep. Michele Bachmann is urging Christians to engage in “spiritual warfare” to put their religious values in government, like banning marriage equality and criminalizing abortion. Scary, scary stuff. [Raw Story]
- In related I’m-moving-to-Canada news, North Carolina’s state Senate has advanced a bill that erroneously lists abortion as a cause of premature birth. Although the medical community vehemently disagrees, abortion opponents frequently claim that abortion causes breast cancer or makes it difficult for women to have children in the future. The NC bill includes abortion as a cause of “preterm birth” up there with drug use lack of prenatal care. [RH Reality Check]
- On Planned Parenthood and the real lessons of the Kermit Gosnell case. [The Daily Beast]
- “Elementary” actress Lucy Liu on the limits placed on her for being an Asian actress in Hollywood. [xoJane]
- On the inappropriate comments being made about Angelina Jolie losing her natural breasts to a double mastectomy, which she chose to have to prevent breast cancer. [Slate]
- The House and Senate are reintroducing the Pregnant Workers Fairness Act, which would require employers “make reasonable accommodations to employees stemming from pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the employer.” [Think Progress]
- Meet Tina Gordon Chism, a screenwriter and now the director of “Tyler Perry Presents Peeples.” [Uptown Magazine]
- On how the Cleveland rapist Ariel Castro could face murder charges for terminating his victims’ pregnancies. [RH Reality Check]
- Speaker of the New York City Council Christine Quinn, who is also running for mayor, has come forth about a past struggle with bulimia and alcoholism. [New York Times]
- Did you know that rape of children under age 14 isn’t illegal in China? I can’t even read this story, for it makes me sick. [International Business Tribune]
- Also, sex workers in China are being physically and financially abused by police officers, according to a new report by Human Rights Watch. [Guardian UK, BBC]
- The mayor of Osaka, Japan, said that women who were put into sex slavery as “comfort women” during World War II were necessary to “maintain discipline” for the men in the military who needed some “rest.” [Washington Post]
- Topless protesters from Ukraine’s FEMEN group crashed a far-right rally in Paris, France, and held a sign reading “Sexterminatiun For Nazism.” [France24]
- Meet Karin Beier, the first woman to head the Schauspielhause theater in Hamburg, Germany. [DW]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.