That giant squeal you heard on Friday afternoon was the Internet learning that the movie version of “The Fault In Our Stars” had cast its Gus: 19-year-old Ansel Elgort. The Fault In Our Stars, for those of you not in-the-know, is an amazing YA novel by John Green about Hazel and Gus, two kids who fall in love in a support group for teens with cancer. It’s a five-hankie sobfest and a really good book. Shailene Woodley has already been cast as Hazel, a move we wholeheartedly approve.
Add it to your reading list and then learn all about Ansel Elgort, our newest crush …
- This tall drink of water is 6’3″ and blonde. Swoon. Those James Deen comparisons are no joke.
- Ansel’s father is Vogue photographer Aurther Elgort and his mom is opera singer Grethe Holby. He told Vogue that his dad has used him as a “prop” in photo shoots all throughout his childhood, meaning he’s posted alongside supermodels like Karolina Kurkova and Caroline Trentinti.
- He grew up on the Upper West Side in Manhattan attended New York City’s famous LaGuardia High School of Music & Art and Performing Arts, the same school attended by Nicki Minaj, Kelis and current students, Timotheé Chalamet from “Homeland” and Madonna’s daughter Lourdes Leon. And no college for Ansel: He’s throwing himself into his acting career. Good call.
- Last year he appeared off-Broadway alongside Alexis Bledis from “Mad Men” and “Gilmore Girls” in a drama called “Regrets.” If you can’t wait for “The Fault In Our Stars” (I know I can’t), you can see him in this year’s “Carrie” remake alongside Chloe Grace Moretz and the dystopian thriller “Divergent,” which is currently filming, with Kate Winslet, Ashley Judd, and Tony Goldwyn from “Scandal.”
- In addition to acting, he writes R&B songs, produces house music, and builds models of Hobbits. Also, he shops off Gilt Groupe. Oh, Ansel, we have so much in common already …