Rhode Island Legalizes Same-Sex Marriage!
- Rhode Island became the 10th state in the nation to legalize same-sex marriage last week! The state House and Senate both approved marriage equality and the governor signed it into law on Thursday. Congratulations, Rhode Island! [Feminist.org, Salon]
- Today In Irony: the Air Force’s chief of Sexual Assault Prevention and Response has been arrested for allegedly sexually assaulting a woman. [HyperVocal]
- The cost of birth control is higher in some low-income neighborhoods than in wealthy ones, according to a small study done in Florida. [Huffington Post]
- Will this TED talk turn every man who watches it into a feminist? [Upworthy]
- Meet Holly Jacobs, 29, who stood up to an ex-boyfriend who posted private pictures of her on revenge porn websites. [BetaBeat]
- Good news, gays! You can change, just like rapists and murderers, according to Christian wackadoodle Pat Roberson. [Think Progress]
- Women get called “crazy” by the tabloids a hell of a lot more than men do. [BuzzFeed]
- How slut-shaming has been written into school dress codes across the country. [Think Progress]
- Meet Jennie Lamere, a 17-year-old girl who won a Hackathon for inventing Twivo, a program that blocks TV spoilers from your Twitter feed. [Hello Giggles]
- On the obvious sexism against American college student Amanda Knox. [New York Times]
- Author Jamaica Kincaid says she only has the stereotype of an “angry” writer because she’s a black woman. [Clutch Magazine]
- How one Cameroonian woman stopped her grandmother from ironing her budding breasts (for fear of attracting sexual predators). [UN Women]
- Saudi Arabia will allow girl students at private schools to play sports if they adhere to a dress code and sharia law. [Guardian UK]
- Egypt’s Information Minister has been called out for making sexually harassing comments to a female journalist during an interview. [BBC]
- A British National Health Service doctor’s office run by a Christian group is being criticized for posting a sign that said some doctors on staff refuse to prescribe the morning-after pill. [Independent UK]
- Still no decision yet on Beatriz, the sickly pregnant woman appealing to the El Salvador Supreme Court for a medically-necessary abortion. [Feminist.org]
- Check out pictures from what is believed to be Kazakhstan’s first-ever gay wedding. [BBC]
Follow me on Twitter. Email me at Jessica@TheFrisky.com.
[Photo of lesbian brides via Shutterstock]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.