New York Times Needed Some Help Writing Headlines
- The New York Times changed their online headline on this story from “sex charges” to “sexual assault charges” after getting slammed on Twitter. The piece was about the Morehouse student athletes who have been accused of sexual assault. [New York Times]
- A young Afghani woman was shot dead in front of 300 people by her father for “dishonoring” her family. [Amnesty UK]
- On Babes At The Museum, a web site of attractive women who frequent art museums. [Gallerist NY]
- Members of a Cal State San Marcos sorority dressed up like Latina gang members (“cholas”) because I guess that’s funny? [Clutch Magazine]
- Our Hitched columnist Andrea Grimes on how Texas is seeking to further restrict minors’ access to abortion. [RH Reality Check]
- The pros and cons of abandoning the word “feminist.” [The Atlantic]
- Abortion foes in Mississippi have been cleared to collected over 100K signatures in order to get a “fetal personhood” ballot measure to criminalize all abortion added to the 2015 ballot. [Feminist.org]
- Is America ready for a female president or just President Hillary? [The Daily Beast]
- On the invisible women who hunt terrorists. [CNN]
- Sexy Feminism co-author Jennifer Keishin Armstrong on her new book. [WBEZ]
- 10 must-read books for brown girls. [Madame Noire]
- Depression-era actress Deanna Durbin died recently at age 91. [New York Times]
- A historic mosque in Bombay, India, is allowing women into the main prayer hall for the first time ever. [Hindustan Times]
- The Irish Center in London has canceled a conference by a group of radical feminists called RadFem after threats by so-called “men’s rights activists.” [Camden New Journal]
- The first female speaker of Bangladesh’s Parliament has taken oath. [Feminist.org]
- Italian women are rising to new positions of power under the new prime minister Enrico Letta. [Guardian UK]
- The student union at York University in the UK has refused, for the second time, to recognize a feminist group called York University Feminist Society. [Huffington Post UK]
- Two British Muslim women have started a Muslim matchmaking service. [Manchester Evening News UK]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.