10 Reasons Why A Regular Ladies’ Night Is Essential
If we were to take anything important from the Christmas classic “It’s A Wonderful Life” (besides the fact that every time a bell rings, an angel gets its wings), it’s that no man, or rather, woman, for our purposes, “is a failure who has friends.” This is completely true. Have you ever imagined your life without your friends? It’s all tea parties with stuffed animals and lengthy chats with the walls in your bedroom – none of which talk back, or tell you how amazing you look in those jeans. It’s, for lack of a better word, sad.
Whether you’re single, in a relationship, engaged or married, it’s essential to make sure you have a regular standing “ladies’ night” with the women in your life. Why? Well, because, as we just covered, you’re a failure if you don’t have friends. No! But friends do add the necessary color to our lives that we all need to flourish, grow and be deliriously happy.
1. To escape. Long week? You’re fighting with your roommate? Your boss just told you that your work is sub-par? It’s all so frustrating and can dampen anyone’s spirits. A night out with the gals can help relieve that stress as you get lost in chatter and banter that doesn’t involve all the BS of the real world. The real world is a bust, you guys.
2. To bond. In a world where social media reigns queen, face-to-face bonding is becoming a thing of the past. This is has to change, In spending time with your friends in the actual flesh, you get a chance to, oh, I don’t know, have human contact as opposed to hiding behind all our electronics! The novelty of it all!
3. To have another reason to get gussied up. Who doesn’t love another reason to toss on those new heels or go out and buy a new dress? Ladies’ night is all about dressing for you, looking dazzling and conquering the town with your equally gussied up friends.
4. To have some entertaining drama. Remember how during last ladies’ night, Jennifer was hit on by that guy who had a girlfriend across the bar, and how that girlfriend threw a drink in the guy’s face, then she and Jennifer became best friends? Ah! What a night! It’s nice to have something to talk about for weeks, or even months.
5. To check-in. Since no one seems to talk on the phone anymore, and text and email have become our main means of communication, a real friend likes to actually “check-in” with their other friends, and give them a hug if they need it.
6. To dance. Let’s be honest: have you ever had a ladies’ night that hasn’t resulted in at least one of the gals in the group stripping off her shirt and dancing in her bra to some bad song from 1997? Exactly.
7. To take on the world. There’s nothing quite like the powerful feeling of strength in numbers. When you wrangle up all your girlfriends for a ladies’ night, it’s literally you guys against the world. Do you know what that type of girl power can result in? Nuclear fusion, obviously.
8. To fly your freak flag. Do you really think anyone else is going to put up with your idiosyncrasies quite like the close ladies in your life? No. So, in going out with them on a regular basis, you’re giving yourself and everyone else in the group the opportunity to let the weirdo in them shine – you know, that part of you that you try to hide like a dirty secret. Granted, it’s a dirty awesome secret, but still.
9. To have your space. Ladies’ night becomes extra essential once you start living with your significant other. Yes, you love your partner, but all relationships require a healthy balance of together time, alone time, and social time. If you become one of those women who are completely absorbed by the relationship with their partner, then you’ll find, eventually, your life is seriously lacking.
10. To remember why you’re YOU. Your friends keep you grounded. They put up with your quirks, your demands, the bizarre way you laugh, the fact that you cry every time you see a cat on a leash and they always have your back. You are the person you are today because of the people you’ve met, especially your friends. End of story.
This post is sponsored by Absolut Tune. To enter to win the ultimate night out in Miami with three of your friends, click here!