Anti-Abortion Group Live Action Debuts More “Undercover” Videos
- The anti-abortion group Live Action today debuted more videos filmed “undercover” at abortion clinics, including ones in Washington, D.C., and the Bronx, NY, claiming they perform “illegal and inhuman practices.” Live Action sent women to clinics where they secretly taped their conversations about a hypothetical, rare late-term abortion with various staff members; to hear Live Action tell it, these doctors are butchering live babies. Live Action videos are always heavily edited — much like reality TV — to make them appear say what Live Action wants them to convey. And what do they want to convey, really? Less than one percent of abortions are performed after 21 weeks. Plus, abortions are legal after 24 weeks in New York State only if a woman’s life is at risk. Not sure what kind of bombshell they were really trying to uncover with this one. [New York Times, Washington Post, Think Progress, Media Matters]
- New York is considering a ban on so-called “ex-gay therapy” for minors. [Huffington Post]
- Rosemarie Snead of Kentucky was ordained this weekend as a Roman Catholic priest, despite threats from the Vatican that she will be excommunicated for doing so. [Yahoo]
- On out lesbian basketball player Brittney Griner and the queering of professional sports. [Grantland]
- Vermont is requiring insurers to cover transgender health needs. [Think Progress]
- Could New York Senator Kirsten Gillibrand run for president? [Politico]
- Lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans teens are swelling the Nevada youth shelters. [Las Vegas Review Journal]
- Why do female comic book victims channel “naughty” and not just nasty? [DC Women Kicking Ass]
- Meet elderly women working as models! [BBC]
- Mary Thom, a former Ms. magazine editor and editor-in-chief for the Women’s Media Center, died this weekend in a motorcycle accident. [Ms. Magazine]
- After an Oxfam International report fingered them for human rights abuses, the chocolate company Mondelez has pledged to improve the livelihoods of its women farmers. [Bloomberg]
- Meet the Kurdish women warriors battling in Syria. [Al Arabiya]
- Teen girls at a private high school in the UK are getting lessons on boasting to help prepare them to trumpet their own work. [Daily Mail UK]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.