New Mexico Republican Calls 19-Year-Old Labor Advocate A “Bitch”
- New Mexico GOP official Steve Kush called a 19-year-old labor advocate from the group Working America a “radical bitch” over Twitter. He also made rude comments about her on Facebook, which were responded to by Bob Cornelious, former Republican party county executive director, insinuating that she was a prostitute. Cornelious later apologized, but as of this posting, Kush has not. [Huffington Post]
- President Barack Obama will address a Planned Parenthood Gala group on Friday morning. Planned Parenthood president Cecile Richards said, “President Obama has done more than any president in history for women’s health and rights.” The gala will honor champions of women’s health including Dr. Ruth K. Westheimer, Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa, Lena Dunham and Tumblr. [Colorlines, Politico]
- Watch out everyone: The Clap is on the rise. A non-curable strain of gonorrhea was found earlier this year and reports of the disease are increasing. Have safe sex! [The Atlantic]
- The Pennsylvania House of Representatives passed a law today excluding insurace coverage of abortions in the Affordable Care Act marketplace. Exceptions will be made for rape, incest or life of the mother. So even if you’re insured and paying out of pocket for this insurance, you won’t be covered for an abortion. The bill heads next to the Pennsylvania State Senate. [York Daily Record]
- Anti-choice activist Dave Leach made comments about shooting abortion providers in Kansas, where Dr. Tiller’s Wichita clinic was recently reopened. He said in a You Tube video, “If someone would shoot the new abortionists, like Scott shot George Tiller … hardly anyone will appreciate it but the babies. It will be a blessing to the babies.” [USA Today]
- Journalist Hanna Rosin fires back at a sexist article about New York Times editor Jill Abramson. [Slate]
Email me at [email protected]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.