El Salvador Will Not Allow Lifesaving Abortion For Young Mother
- A 22-year-old mother of one in El Salvador faces jail time for seeking an abortion on a nonviable pregnancy because her fetus is developing without a brain. The woman, identified as Beatriz, cannot get an abortion because terminating a pregnancy is illegal in El Salvador under all circumstances, even though the pregnancy is posing a threat to her own life. Beatriz’s hospital asked for permission to legally perform an abortion on her over one month ago, but authorities have not yet responded. She’s now appealing for help from El Salvador’s Supreme Court. [Salon]
- Posters reading “Stay Strong And Support The Boys” have been posted in the neighborhood of Rehtaeh Parsons, a young woman in Nova Scotia who committed suicide recently after a photograph of her alleged rape was distributed around school and police did nothing to punish her alleged rapists. [Think Progress]
- Well, it didn’t take long for that Dove Real Beauty Sketches video to get parodied! [YouTube]
- Carla Hale, a gym teacher at a Catholic high school in Ohio, was fired from her job for being a lesbian after Hale’s mom died and the obituary listed the name of Hale’s partner. Disgraceful. [NBC4i]
- Feministing editor Samhita Mukhopadhyay on what can be done about feminism’s brand problem. [Feministing]
- An open letter to male model Tyrese from a “fat girl” fan regarding his ignorant comments about plus-size bodies. [Clutch Magazine]
- Rookie Mag editor Tavi Gevinson on how feminism and fashion can go together. [Gurl]
- On the topless feminist activists of FEMEN and why being white doesn’t always mean being privileged. [New Statesman]
- The trial has begun in France over the PIP breast implants which were found to use construction grade silicone and thus be extremely harmful to women. [BBC]
- Feminist philosopher Gill Howie of the UK has died at age 47. [Guardian UK]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.