Man Vandalizes Indiana Planned Parenthood With An Ax
- A 27-year-old man vandalized the Planned Parenthood clinic in Bloomington, Indiana, with an ax and splashed the clinic with red paint this morning. According to police, he targeted Planned Parenthood “due to abortions being performed there. He stated his intent was to damage the building because they ‘kill’ and ‘murder’ babies. He attributed his actions to his religious beliefs.” Clinic violence is domestic terrorism and it is scary. [IndyStar]
- A florist has been sued by Washington state for refusing to sell flowers to a gay couple for their wedding. [Think Progress]
- The Paycheck Fairness Act, which would protect women suffering wage discrimination, is still stalled in committee. [Think Progress]
- On Ashley Judd’s aborted run for Kentucky’s Senate and what it means when we discuss gender and mental health. [Ms. Magazine]
- Delaware is set to introduce a bill legalizing same-sex marriage. [Queerty]
- The maternal mortality rate in New York City is thirty percent higher than it was 10 years ago. [Feminist.org]
- On how the Senate’s immigration bill will shut out same-sex couples. [ColorLines]
- A federal appeals court ruled this week that the anti-abortion group at a New Mexico high school does not have the right to distribute rubber replicas of fetuses at the school, because the reaction to the dolls was disruptive to students’ ability to learn. [Think Progress]
- Meet Kelly Musgraves, a country star who calls out gender norms. [Bitch Magazine]
- On the Brittney Griner NBC tryout backlash. [Guardian UK]
- On singer India.Arie and colorism in the music community. [ColorLines]
- Roll eyes: the leader of the Russian Orthodox Church has warned that feminism is “very dangerous.” [Feminist.org]
- Women and girl refugees from Syria are being ushered into marriages with men in Jordan, who may be exploiting the influx of women. [International Boulevard]
- Attacks on sex workers should be classified as hate crimes, a report by the UK’s Westminster City Council has declared. [Huffington Post UK]
- A transgender high school student in the UK has penned a piece about bullying at her high school. [Guardian UK]
Email me at Jessica@TheFrisky.com. Follow me on Twitter.
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.