President Obama Apologizes To “Best Looking Attorney General”
- President Obama called California Attorney General Kamala Harris to apologize for calling her the nation’s “best looking attorney general” while introducing her at an event. [Politico]
- Also, three things Kamala Harris should be known for that don’t involve her looks. [ColorLines]
- Uganda has proposed a ban on miniskirts with this sterling logic: “We know people who are indecently dressed: they do it provocatively and sometimes they are attacked. An onlooker is moved to attack her and we want to avoid those areas. He is a criminal but he was also provoked and enticed.” [Guardian UK]
- The president of Uruguay was caught on a microphone calling President Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner of Argentina an “old hag.” [BBC]
- Also, Obama may not support today’s decision by a federal judge to make the morning-after pill accessible to girls ages 16 and younger without a prescription. “He believes [the age restriction] was the right, common sense approach to this issue,” according to White House Press Secretary Jay Carney. [Think Progress]
- First Lady Michelle Obama accidentally called herself a “busy single mother.” Whoopsies. [Clutch Magazine]
- Victims of sexual assault will no longer have to report that they have sought counseling when undergoing a background check in the military or high-level intelligence. [Politico]
- Lessons from Steubenville for Torrington, Connecticut, the next town with a high-profile rape case involving high school students. [Salon]
- Following his comments about Rick Ross (who recently rapped about drugging a woman and raping her), here are five ways that Talib Kweli can be a better ally to women in hip hop. [Crunk Feminist Collective]
- Meet Laurie Halse Anderson, author of Speak, a classic young adult novel about the aftermath of a girl who is raped by an older boy at a party. [The Atlantic Wire]
- Remembering Roger Ebert, the feminist. (Well, sort of.) [Bitch Magazine, The Heresy Club]
- A foundation set up to honor Malala Yousafzai, the 15-year-0ld Pakistani girl who was shot in the head by the Taliban for her advocacy on behalf of girls’ education, will further the education of 40 girls in Pakistan ages 5 through 12 who would otherwise be forced to work in domestic labor. [Guardian UK]
- Professional cyclist Peter Sagan pinched the butt of a “podium girl” during a photo op for the Tour Of Flanders ride. [Guardian UK
- What happens when women are “illegal”? [Feministing]
- On the rise of female Arab filmmakers. [BBC]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.