Texas School Allows Student Tony Zamazal To Wear A Dress To Prom
- Thanks to the good works of the ACLU, Spring High School in Spring, Texas, will now allow George “Tony” Zamazal, who is trans and identifies as female, to wear a dress to her prom. The school had previously forbidden the senior from wearing a dress. Said Tony, “I’m so grateful that my school has agreed to let me be myself on such an important night.” [Think Progress, Queerty]
- Across the world today, feminists have celebrated Topless Jihad Day by staging topless protests against conservative Islam. Much of the activism has also been in support of Amina, an activist in Tunisia who posted topless pictures of herself online and has gotten death threats. [MonaEltahaway.Tumblr.com]
- Two women claim they were drugged (allegedly by employees) and raped at The Abbey, a gay bar in West Hollywood. [Queerty]
- A Florida committee has advanced an anti-abortion bill regarding sex- and race-specific abortion. [Feminist.org]
- Marriage equality helps children because a child’s well-being is most affected by the strength of his or her parents’ relationship, according to the American Academy of Pediatrics. [Ms. Magazine]
- Nevada Assemblywoman Lucy Flores, a Democrat, spoke openly about growing up with sisters who were teen moms, and getting pregnant at 16 and having an abortion. Now she’s getting death threats. [Think Progress]
- Why President Obama is in need of some gender sensitivity training. [NYMag.com]
- “Hardball” host Chris Matthews asked whether “wife beating” is something women “really worry about.” Uh, yes? [Huffington Post]
- On how the IRS hurts mothers. [New York Times]
- These women were murdered after their stalkers acquired a gun. Shhhhh, the NRA wants you to think women just need to be armed all the time so no one kills us. [Think Progress]
- Salon.com’s Irin Carmon on whether female politicians are good for women. [Salon]
Email me at Jessica@TheFrisky.com. Follow me on Twitter.
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.