Boston College Halts Condom Distribution
- Boston College students are facing possible discipline for distributing condoms both on- and off-campus. The school, a Jesuit college, no longer wants birth control distributed on its campus because it doesn’t align with Catholic teachings. [Boston Globe, Feminist.org]
- Five ways to make the “Lean In” movement more inclusive of low-income women. [xoJane]
- Mississippi’s governor nominated Teri Herring, who worked for the anti-abortion Pro-Life America Network, to the state’s Board of Health. [Feminist.org]
- What do we think of this new PSA aimed at teen girls to discourage them for sending sexy “selfies”? [AdRants]
- Women on the birth control pill are attracted to men with less stereotypically masculine features, according to a new study. [Fox News]
- Ever wonder what transgendered folks want you to know about them? The Tumblr blog “Dear Cis People” will helpfully explain. [Dear Cis People]
- Women have been up to 20 percent less likely to be approved for small business loans during the last six months of 2012, based on an analysis of 14,000 loan applications. [BusinessWeek]
- The Harriet Tubman Underground Railroad National Monument in Maryland officially became recognized by the government this week. [Madame Noire]
- On men who pay for sex. [io9]
- Last night, Frisky editor Julie spoke on a panel organized by the authors of the new book Sexy Feminism. Here’s what went down. [Sexy Feminist]
- The Ford India ad mockups which depicted women, including the Kardashians, bound and gagged in the back of car trunks have lead to advertising agency JWT firing some employees. [New York Times]
- Here is how some mothers in India are standing up to husbands who demand they abort female fetuses. [The Atlantic]
- FEMEN, the European feminist activist group known for protesting while topless, had their website hacked and a terrible, sexist and anti-Semitic message posted. [Huffington Post UK]
- Women in Algeria marched through the capital to defend their traditional white head-to-toe covering. [AP]
- Meet Salma Kakar, 16, an Afghani teen cycling prodigy who is lead rider on the Afghan National Cycling team. [NBC News]
- On the growing market of halal makeup in Canada. [CBC]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.