Amina, 19, Posts Topless Pic On Facebook, Threatened With Death By Stoning
- Amina, a 19-year-old FEMEN feminist activist in Tunisia, posted a topless picture of herself on Facebook with the words “Fuck your morals” written across her chest. She’s since been threatened with death by stoning or lashes by Muslim leaders. (One warned she might “give ideas to other women.” Oh no! Ideas!) Now activists are calling for a day of support for Amina on April 4. [Huffington Post UK, International Business Times]
- Even some Republicans in North Dakota think they went too far in banning all abortions in the state. [Huffington Post]
- Hitched columnist Andrea Grimes on the thousands of Dallas men who joined a rally against domestic violence. [Reproductive Health Reality Check]
- Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts gave his lesbian cousin Jean Podrasky a “highly coveted” ticket to the Court’s hearing on Prop 8 tomorrow. [Queerty]
- Republican lawmaker Rep. Debbie Riddle posted something on her Facebook page about how women need to be “modest” while breastfeeding. As opposed to slutty breastfeeding? [San Francisco Gate]
- “Always carry a shell which you can retreat into.” Follow the hashtag #SafetyTipsForLadies for other tongue-in-cheek examples of all the ways us ladies can keep ourselves safe from rape. [Feministing]
- Senator Claire McCaskill, a Democrat from Missouri, has come out in support of marriage equality. [CBS News]
- In the wake of “donglegate,” the cofounder of Reddit scolded geeks for their sexism. [BuzzFeed]
- Mississippi State Rep. Jessica Upshaw was found dead this weekend. [CBS News]
- On stripper burnout. [Tits & Sass]
- Here’s some feminist Seder prayers for reproductive justice. [FeminismXianity]
- On the women we love to love versus the women we love to hate. [Guardian UK]
- Kot, a member of the Russian feminist punk band Pussy Riot, has emerged from hiding to say her group will never give up. Three members of Pussy Riot were jailed for “hooliganism” after they spoke out publicly against President Vladmir Putin. [New York Daily News]
- How the U.S. immigration policy is excluding women. [ColorLines]
- On sexism in the German art world. [Spiegel]
- There was a huge protest in Paris against the legalization of gay marriage, which is to happen in the country soon. [BBC]
- A newspaper in Tunisia, Africa, slammed the Egyptian feminist Nawal El Saadawi for “promoting homosexuality and prostitution.” [Gay Star News]
- A local Russian school has banned hijabs, the Islamic head-covering scarves. [New York Times]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.