UFC Host Slams Trans Fighter Fallon Fox, Says She’s Not Really A Woman
- Joe Rogan, the voice of the UFC fighting league, says that Fallon Fox, the MMA fighter who recently came out as a trans woman, should not be allowed to fight with cisgendered women (i.e. people who are born female). Most offensively, Rogan said Fallon Fox is not really a woman. “I don’t care if you don’t have a dick anymore,” said Rogan, in a long, crass commentary. “You’re a man without a dick.” [TMZ]
- Malala Yousufzai, the Pakistani teen who was shot by the Taliban for advocating on behalf of girls’ education, has returned to school, now in the UK, today. [Reuters]
- Employers in Missouri are no longer allowed to deny contraceptive coverage in their employees’ insurance based on their own beliefs following a ruling by a federal judge on Monday. The law is an unconstitutional violation of the Affordable Care Act. [Feminist.org]
- An Air Force instructor from Joint Base San Antionio-Lackland has been sentenced to four years in prison for raping a female trainee. [ABC News]
- Last week, a mother in New York City attempted to commit suicide with her baby strapped to her body. The child survived, but Cynthia Wachenheim did not. She seems to have been suffering from postpartum psychosis, which brings up the question of whether new mothers are getting the mental healthcare support that they need. [Slate]
- Five serious consequences awaiting North Dakota if Republicans ban all abortions after six weeks of pregnancy. [Think Progress]
- Why do Latina teenagers have such a high suicide rate? [Al-Jazeera]
- A new study examines the ways women versus men handle work/life balance stress. [US News & World Reports]
- Students at Amherst College have taken a page from Project Unbreakable by sharing the callous, insensitive words which were said to them after their sexual assaults — oftentimes by Amherst administrators who blamed the victims instead of the perpetrators. [It Happens Here At Amherst]
- “Rocky Horror Picture Show” writer Richard O’Brien has come out as transgender and said he considers himself “30 percent” female. [Gay Star News]
- Are “Latina” Muslim women the new face of Islam? [Racialicious]
- On ageism against older women screenwriters within Hollywood. [Bitch Magazine]
- Artist Molly Crabapple discusses an upcoming exhibition of her work in New York on April 14. [Boing Boing]
- Check out “The Switch,” a new web comedy series about a trans woman named Su. [Queerty]
- LGBT rights activists in a group called Hod have launched a campaign against so-called “gay aversion therapy,” which claims that gay people can be made straight if only they have enough counseling, in Orthodox Jewish neighborhoods in Israel. [Queerty]
- The first-ever museum on women’s history in the Middle East has opened in Dubai. [CNN]
- The Phillippines have temporarily blocked a law to provide contraception for free to low-income folks. The Catholic Church and other anti-contraception advocates have been successful in getting the bill blocked. [Feminist.org]
- How the country of Mali in Africa seeks to better protect women and children in conflict. [UN Women]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.