Addressing Domestic Violence Means Addressing Gun Violence, Says Joe Biden
- Vice President Joe Biden announced 12 grants to programs around the country to protect potential victims of domestic violence at the hands of their abusers. Noting that between 2009 and 2012, 40 percent of mass shootings began with a man shooting an intimate partner, Biden emphasized, “The issue of domestic violence and reducing gun violence are connected.” [Think Progress, USA Today, White House]
- Survivors of military sexual violence testified before the Senate this week. [Los Angeles Times]
- Anna Wintour got a promotion within Conde Nast and already people are “concerned” about what this powerful woman is going to do. [Madame Noire]
- On Arianna Huffington and The Huffington Post’s squicky relationship with women. [Feel More Better]
- Blogger Alyssa Rosenberg on Adam from “Girls,” Barney Stinson from “How I Met Your Mother,” stopping rape, and eroticizing consent. [Think Progress]
- Courtney E. Martin with her take on Sheryl Sandberg and “leaning in.” [Womens Media Center]
- Meet Reba Williams of Columbus, Ohio, who finally earned her high school diploma at 106-years-old. [Madame Noire]
- Roughly 28 percent of school girls in South Africia are HIV positive, according to the country’s health minister, who warned that the girls are contracting the virus from older “sugar daddies.” [BBC]
- Egypt’s powerful political party the Muslim Brotherhood says the UN’s proposal to eradicate violence against women and girls will cause the downfall of society. [Christian Science Monitor]
- Amsterdam’s oldest working prostitutes, the Fokkens twins, have retired after 50 years. [BuzzFeed]
- President Obama is having dinner next week with Israel’s first black Miss Israel, Yitysih Aynaw. [Clutch Mag]
Email me at Jessica@TheFrisky.com. Follow me on Twitter.
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.