If the eyes are the windows to the soul, eyebrows are the curtains around those windows. And most of us? We don’t know how to fix those curtains at all. Enter Joey Healy, one of the foremost brow experts in the world. Seriously, this guy cannot shut up about how much he loves eyebrows. He took one look at Amelia’s brows, which might have been a bit over-plucked, and came up with a game plan. We share his tips in the video above and after the jump!
1. Stop what you’re doing. Be careful about plucking too much. You don’t want to end up having to draw on your brows.
2. Make sure your brows start at the bridge of your nose. A good way to do this is by holding a pencil or pair of tweezers up to your brows and seeing if they’re in alignment with the bridge of your nose. Anything that goes past that demarcation should be tweezed.
3. Fill in missing hairs with an eyebrow pencil or powder.Seriously, this stuff will change your life. You can give your brow a smooth line by adding a bit of pencil. Always follow up with clear gel to keep the hairs in place.
4. Don’t be afraid to tweeze above your brow, too. Were you told you should never tweeze the top line of your brow to make sure your brows match up.
5. If you’re feeling ambitious, you can tweeze the little hairs around your brow, too. When Joey tweezes, he gets all the little hairs that exist around your brow on your face that you hardly even know are there. Individually, plucking them wouldn’t make a difference, but collectively, getting rid of the facial hair on your brow and temples will make your brow line pop.
6. Make sure the “tail” of your brow doesn’t dip below the start of your brow. Otherwise, it’ll sort of pull your eye down and create a droopy effect. And nobody like a Droopy Dog eye.
Got a brow tip or trick? Share it in the comments!
Contact the author of this post at Julie@TheFrisky.com or follow her on Twitter @havethehabit.