Breaking News: You Can Consent While Blackout Drunk, Apparently?
- Remember that 16-year-old girl who was sexually abused by several football players of the Steubenville High School football team? She got carried to several parties by players, was raped and peed upon. The players’ lawyers are reportedly planning to argue that she clearly consented to sex by excessively drinking and hanging out with boys and “didn’t affirmatively say no.” [Jezebel]
- Colorado’s House of Representatives have advanced a bill legalizing civil unions in the state, which now heads to the governor to be signed. [Denver Post]
- Former First Lady Laura Bush says Republicans “scared” women in 2012. Terrified is more like it. [Politico]
- There’s going to be a conference for LGBT fraternity and sorority members. [Queerty]
- Like many universities, the response by Harvard to sexual assault is failing the victims. [Harvard Crimson]
- Men are the only ones good at blogging about philosophy. [Feminist Philosophers]
- Musician Kate Nash says she felt like she wasn’t taken very seriously because she was “very girly.” [Washington Square News]
- A 22-year-old pregnant woman was allegedly set up by her husband to be gang raped as punishment for not having an abortion. [Madame Noire]
- Here’s a scary statistic: 233 million women will be in need of contraception by 2015. [The Atlantic]
Email me at Jessica@TheFrisky.com. Follow me on Twitter.