Shot By The Taliban For Being A Feminist: Cartoonist Illustrates Malala’s Story
- This is awesome: Australian cartoonist Gavin Aung Than has created a cartoon depicting the story of Malala Yousafzai, the Pakistani teenager who was shot in the head by the Taliban because she’s a vocal activist on behalf of girls’ education. It’s short and sweet, but terrifying and touching. You can read the full cartoon on his web site, Zen Pencils. [Clutch Magazine]
- Celeste Greig, head of the California Republican Assembly, suggested that pregnancies resulting from rape are rare “because it’s an act of violence, because the body is traumatized.” It’s like Todd Akin 2.0! [Feministing]
- New York City’s City Council Speaker Christine Quinn official announced her candidacy for mayor. If elected Quinn would be NYC’s first openly gay mayor, as well as its first female mayor. [Gothamist]
- South Dakota’s governor signed that awful anti-abortion bill into law which extends waiting periods to not include weekends or holidays. [Feminist.org]
- Black female veterans are disproportionately among the homeless population, according to recent studies by the Department of Defense. [Clutch Magazine]
- There’s a nice long profile of Ruth Bader Ginsberg in The New Yorker this week. [New Yorker]
- Twilight author Stephenie Meyer considers herself a feminist, even if you don’t. [Guardian UK]
- Wonder Woman fans have a five-year-old’s birthday party to be jealous of. [DC Women Kicking Ass]
- The alleged ringleader in the Indian gang rape which resulted in the death of Jyoti Singh Pandey, has been found dead in his jail cell. [Newser]
- Queen Elizabeth is expected to sign a charter announcing the British Commonwealth opposes all forms of discrimination. [Huffington Post]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.