Anita Sarkeesian’s “Tropes Vs. Women In Video Games” Is Here!
- Remember last summer when blogger Anita Sarkeesian of FeministFrequency.org started raising money on Kickstarter to fund an in-depth video exploring tropes of women in video games? Misogynist trolls lost their marbles, threatening to rape Anita and calling her countless ugly names like “bitch” and “slut” all over social media. It was quite the shitshow, prompting a much-needed discussion about how women are treated when they “infringe,” so to speak, on traditionally male spaces. But this week, at long last, “Damsel In Distress: Part One – Tropes Vs. Women In Video Game” is online and here for you to watch. I highly recommend it. [YouTube]
- Some Catholic and African-American churches in Chicago are vowing to ban any Illinois politicians from their houses of worship who vote in support of the state’s forthcoming marriage equality bill. How very Christian of them! [Queerty]
- Walmart.com will begin selling goods from small, women-owned businesses. I smell a distraction tactic from their continued allegations that they practice gender discrimination. [Reuters]
- On the radical potential and great disappointment of school sexual misconduct boards. [Feministing]
- So, this is fucking horrible. [Huffington Post]
- Debunking the statistic that “women own 1 percent of world property.” [The Atlantic]
- Why women should hate the patriarchy instead of each other. [FemInspire]
- Was “The Cosby Show” actually one of the most feminist shows of all time? [Sexy Feminist]
- The UK’s Border Agency refused to allow three Afghan women boxers into Britain for an International Women’s Day boxing match with British female boxers tomorrow. The agency was reportedly afraid that the Afghan women were never planning to return to Afghanistan. [Guardian UK]
- Three women a day are killed by a partner in South Africa, the highest rate reported in the world. [AP]
- Oxfam is distributing pink cell phones to women in rural Cambodia in hopes it will help them improve their businesses. [Guardian UK]
- An interview with an LGBTQ activist in Russia who organized against the country’s new anti-gay law which forbids “the promotion of homosexuality.” [Bitch Magazine]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.