Minnesota Advances Anti-Abortion Bill
- Minnesota’s House of Representatives advanced a bill that would end access state insurance covered abortions unless it was necessary to save the mother’s life, or if the pregnancy was caused by a sexual assault was reported within 48 hours of occurring. A strange turn for a state that generally protects a women’s right to choose. [RH Reality Check]
- Congresswoman Marsha Blackburn (R-TN) was one of the women in the House of Representatives who voted against the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA), which passed the house last week. Her reasoning, “I didn’t like the way it was expanded to include other different groups.” Those groups include same-sex couples, undocumented immigrants, and Native American women. Really? [Think Progress]
- Speaking of VAWA, at least Rep. Blackburn was honest. Some GOP members who voted against it are now claiming to be pretty proud of supporting it. Huh? [Daily Kos]
- Iowa State Representative Ted Gassman (R) wants to end no-fault divorce for women who are parents of minors because growing up with out a father figure might make them more “promiscuous.” Supporters of no-fault divorce say that it helps victims of domestic violence get out of bad marriages. [NYMag.com The Cut]
- Playboy South Africa is getting heat for it’s recent cover. The message, “No means no!” is good, but the placement of the message on a cover objectifying a woman’s body, not so much. [Buzzfeed]
- Mary Kearl at xoJane on the time she heckled a comedian for objectifying actresses. [xoJane]
- What a new Pope means to feminists and what women can do about it. [Religion Dispatches]
Email me at [email protected]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.