Woman Fired For Getting Pregnant Out Of Wedlock, While Baby Daddy Offered Job At Same Place
- A 29-year-old woman is suing the Christian college in San Diego, California, which fired her for getting pregnant out of wedlock. The woman had signed a “covenant” agreeing to “moral behavior,” including no premarital sex, but the agreement did not stipulate she would be fired. The school seemed to have no problem with her now-husband’s sex out of wedlock, though, because even after they had fired her, they offered him a job. [Feministing]
- VIDA Women in Literary Arts’ annual byline count of men vs. women is depressing as usual. [Poynter]
- On how working mothers are seen as less competent and more irrational than other women. [The Atlantic]
- Mortgage lenders are also in trubs for disqualifying pregnant women and women on maternity leave from receiving mortgages, which runs afoul of the Fair Housing Act. [MSN]
- A survey about rape/nonconsensual penetration from five years ago has been leaked to the school newspaper, The Daily Princetonian. [Jezebel]
- New York City police are searching for more information about the gang rape of a 27-year-old trans woman in a hotel room … [Queerty]
- … and other awful people in NYC held a prostitute hostage for two days, gang raping her. She finally left out of a sixth-floor window to escape. [New York Daily News]
- 10 ways feminism is great for your sex life! [How About We]
- That anti-abortion “medical expert” scaring you about abortion might not be an actual medical expert, y’all. [Reproductive Health Reality Check]
- LGBT couples are more well-educated and have higher incomes than straight couples. [US News & World Reports]
- Six black female directors you might want to check out. [Black Women Unchecked]
- “Half The Sky,” the documentary/book by Nicholas Kristof and Sheryl WuDunn, now has its own video game. [Guardian UK]
- Russia, Iran and the Vatican are lobbying against important proposals by the UN Women at the Commission on the Status of Women, which began today in New York. [Guardian UK]
- Police in Sydney, Australia, are looking for five men who allegedly abducted an 18-year-0ld woman on Saturday night and sexually assaulted her. [ABC AU]
- On how women in the Balkans are emerging as political leaders. [Seattle Times]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.