This Week In Style: John Galliano Rumored To Replace Oscar De La Renta
- Well, this is troubling: after Oscar de la Renta charitably allowed disgraced Dior designer John Galliano (who played a fun game of anti-Semitic dress-up just days ago) to have a hand in designing his Autumn/Winter 2013 collection, rumors abound that this could be part of the process of priming Galliano to take over for de la Renta, 80, when he retires. Ouch. [Refinery29]
- As far as celebrities-turned-designers go, Matthew McConaughey was one of the very last guys we’d ever expect to start a menswear line… and yet JKL, inspired by his Just Keep Livin Foundation, is about to be a thing. Bizarrely, the collection will include shirts. [Huffington Post]
- Add lingerie sales to the growing list of things that the immense, unprecedented popularity of “Fifty Shades of Grey” has helped to proliferate. Riiiiiight next to whips, chains, and Ben Wa balls. [New York Times]
- We love BB cream for its light coverage, quick application, and longterm skincare benefits, but will we be able to say the same for Pantene’s new version… for hair? The drugstore brand has released a new “10-in-1″ product that promises to repair rough hair, strengthen, add silkiness, shine, and manageability; smooth and moisturize strands, control frizz, protect against heat, and fight flyaways. Whew. That’s a lot. [Self]
- With all the craziness and hype of Fashion Week, it can be hard to determine what to take home from the thousands of designs marched down the runway (and what’s better left on the store rack). These eight trends are sure bets for adding to your wardrobe come next fall… but we should probably deal with spring first. [Guardian]
- We spotted some absolutely gorgeous beauty looks at New York Fashion Week, and Dick Page’s “wedge eye” at Michael Kors was one of the very best. Perhaps even better than the makeup itself? The watercolors that accompany this masterful how-to. [The Cut]
- For the second year in a row, Kate Moss has been awarded “Hat Person of the Year” by The Headwear Association. I swear that this is a thing. The supermodel received 40% of the vote, edging out Bruno Mars, who scored 38%. Kate must be so… proud. [Glamour]
- It’s a battle of the Yves Saint Laurent biopics! Two films, only one of which is backed by Saint Laurent’s longtime love and business partner Pierre Bergé, will face off in the very near future. Bergé’s authorization means that one film will have access to the designer’s former atelier and archives… and that he could potentially take legal action to block the opposing film from creating YSL archive reproductions. [WWD]
- Who runs the world? Um, Beyoncé does, duh. Check her out on the Spring/Summer 2013 cover of super-cool biannual women’s mag The Gentlewoman. [Fashion Bomb Daily]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.