Sports Illustrated’s Kate Upton Cover Is Straight-Up Sadistic
- Sports Illustrated thinks it is no biggie that Kate Upton nearly got hypothermia posing in a bikini in Antarctica (yes, seriously), BECAUSE BOOBS. [Slate]
- For yesterday’s V-Day and One Billion Rising campaigns, feminist activists installed a temporary memorial to rape survivors on the Washington Mall in the reflecting pool. Check out a heartbreaking pic at the link. [Bitch Magazine]
- Meet Zora Ball, age 7, of Philadelphia who coded her very own computer game. Color me impressed! [Smithsonian Mag]
- Why some Muslim women in the United States struggle to seek for help from domestic violence. [Sioux City Journal]
- The Violence Against Women Act, which passed the Senate this week, included anti-human trafficking legislation. [Women’s Media Center]
- Also, why would anyone — like these 22 chuckleheads — oppose the Violence Against Women Act? [The Atlantic]
- The founder of eHarmony thinks $10 million needs to be invested into figuring out how gay people think about love. [Black Book Mag]
- On the media’s hero-worshipping coverage of Olympic athlete Oscar Pistorius, who was accused yesterday of murdering his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp. [The Nation, Think Progress]
- Fox News anchors mocked Desiline Victor, a 102-year-old woman who waited in line three hours to vote. In case you forgot they are awful. [Madame Noire]
- Check out Lauren Rojas of California, a 7th grade girl who launched a Hello Kitty doll into space as part of a science project. (Thanks to commenter @AndreaGrimes for the link!) [Space.com]
- Nigerian pop singer “Goldie,” AKA Susan Oluwabimpe Harvey, died in Africa at 31 after attending the Grammy Awards in Los Angeles. [BBC]
- An Islamic school in Adelaide, Australia, has asked its non-Muslim female staff members to wear headscarves at work. [SBS AU]
- Iraq held a beauty showcase for makeup artists and hairdressers, who have been targeted by religious extremists for their work. [France 24]
- Amanda Lindhout, a journalist who was kidnapped, raped and tortured in Somalia, spoke out yesterday during a Canadian event for the One Billion Rising campaign. [Calgary Herald]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.