Rosa Parks Getting A Statue On Capitol Hill
- Rosa Parks will be the first African-American woman to have a statue on the Capitol, which will be dedicated to the civil rights activist on February 27th. [Clutch Magazine]
- Jumping off of President Obama’s promise in last night’s State Of The Union address to raise the minimum wage to $9, here’s why women need a rise in the minimum wage. [Feministing]
- Colorado’s state Senate advanced a civil union bill on Monday, which now heads to the state House of Representatives. [Queerty]
- Arkanasas Governor Mike Beebe has signed a bill banning abortion coverage in the health insurance exchange. [San Francisco Chronicle]
- Manifesta author/filmmaker Jennifer Baumgardner talks about her new documentary, “It Was Rape,” in which eight women from different walks of life tell their stories of sexual assault. [Bitch Magazine]
- Feminists don’t seem too upset that the Pope is stepping down. [Seattle Post-Intelligencer]
See a story that belongs in Today’s Lady News? Send it to me at Jessica@TheFrisky.com. Follow me on Twitter.