Meet The Woman Reopening Dr. George Tiller’s Abortion Clinic In Witchita
- Meet Julie Burkhart of the Trust Women Foundation who purchased the office owned by late abortion provider Dr. George Tiller, who was murdered by an anti-abortion extremist in 2009 in Wichita, Kansas. After raising nearly $1 million to reopen the clinic, it’s set to begin serving women’s reproductive health care needs again this spring. [Mother Jones]
- HOORAY! The Pentagon announced today that it will extend the same benefits to same-sex couples that are enjoyed by straight couples, including hospital visitation rights and ID cards. Most importantly, same-sex widows will now be subject to the same death benefits. [Queerty]
- Are you a Frisky reader who is in high school or college? Then make sure you check out Feminist Summer Camp held by Jennifer Baumgardner and Amy Richards. The next session is June 2-8, 2013, and you should apply. [Feminist Summer Camp]
- My Sister’s Keeper author Jodi Picoult spoke to The New York Times Magazine this weekend about her 2010 remarks about unequal book review coverage in the paper and why she doesn’t write “chick lit.” [BlackBook Mag]
- Andi Zeisler of Bitch Magazine looks back on the 50th anniversary of Betty Friedan’s groundbreaking second wave feminist book The Feminine Mystique. [LA Review Of Books]
- Muslim model Hajer Naili on modeling for an agency that bills itself the world’s first Muslim modeling agency. [Womens eNews]
- On defining modesty on the runway. [Muslimah Media Watch]
- Earth Kitt immortalized in a comic book? Tell us more, please. [Clutch Magazine]
- Meet French Justice Minister Christiane Taubira, passionate defender of gay marriage rights and one of France’s few black politicians. [France24]
- On the women who have been forced into labor by the Magdalene Laundries, oftentimes for being young, unmarried and pregnant. [NY Times]
- Will the UK’s newspapers do away with its naked “page three girls”? [Guardian UK]
- The online lad magazine Uni Lad sounds like it will offend me, so perhaps I’d best avoid it. [Guardian UK]
See a story that belongs in Today’s Lady News? Send it to me at Jessica@TheFrisky.com. Follow me on Twitter.
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.