Lynsi Torres Is America’s Youngest Female Billionaire
This week Bloomberg reported that the 30-year-old granddaughter of In-N-Out Hamburger chain founders, Harry and Esther Snyder, is the youngest female billionaire in the United States. Lynsi Torres, the sole heir and president of the burger chain, is now said to be worth around $1 billion, according to the Bloomberg Billionaire Index.
If this In-N-Out news is making you crave a number two with grilled onions and a chocolate shake (or maybe that’s just me), let this list distract you. Here are five more awesome ladies under 50 who are racking up the billions:
- Ousted as America’s youngest billionaire is Spanx’s Sara Blakely, 41, whose net worth is reporte by Forbes to be $1 billion.
- Zhang Xin, 47, of China along with her family are valued by Forbes at $2.65 billion dollars. She is the cofounder and CEO of Soho China Ltd.
- At age 35, Germany’s Yavonne Bauer is worth around $2 billion, Forbes reports. In 2012 Bauer became CEO when father Heinz Bauer transferred 85 percent of Bauer Media Group to his daughter.
- According to Forbes, Chu Lam Yiu is the 39th richest person in China. With a net worth of $1.93 billion at age 43, she is also one of the youngest women billionaires.
- Also from China, is real estate heiress Yang Huiyan. At only age 31 Forbes has her listed as the ninth richest person in China with a net worth of $4.4 billion.
But let’s not forget our favorite billionairess: Oprah Winfrey, age 59, whose net worth is valued at $2.7 billion. No, we could never forget Oprah!
Contact the author of this post at Sarah.Gray@TheFrisky.com.