90 Women Murdered By Intimate Partners Or Family Members In The 8 Weeks Since The Newtown Massacre
- The gun lobby says us ladies need guns to protect ourselves. But reporter Melissa Jeltsen at the Huffington Post paints a different picture: guns in the hands of abusive partners kill women. A lot of women. People who have been convicted of misdemeanor domestic violence or who have a DV restraining order against them can’t legally purchase guns — so how do you explain far too many women being murdered with guns by partners or family? [Huffington Post]
- Did former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton just launch a website for her her 2016 presidential run? Or is it just, you know, a pretty website? [The Stir]
- … perhaps too pretty? Fox News has tactfully asked if Clinton has gotten a face lift. [NYMag.com]
- A Colorado bill that would have made it illegal to perform or receive an abortion died in a state House committee. [Feministing]
- Unsurprisingly, someone from the anti-gay Christian group Focus On The Family has said something douchey about gender identity. [Think Progress]
- President Obama has nominated business executive Sally Jewel to run the Interior Department, which deals with the environment. [Huffington Post]
- On how to cope with your parents if you are “outed” to them as a sex worker against your wishes. [Tits & Sass]
- Teachers: here’s how to check if your syllabus reinforces the patriarchy. [Bitch Magazine]
- On Beyoncé, the Super Bowl, and slut-shaming. [Feministing]
- On how posting pictures of her husband’s physical abuse on China’s social media network, Weibo, helped an American named Kim Lee get a divorce on the grounds of domestic violence. [New Yorker, Mashable]
- Egypt’s Prime Minister says women with unwashed breasts are making their babies have diarrhea. Presented without comment. [Jezebel]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.