Why Mothers Are Getting Screwed At Retirement Age
- This should scare all of us: many women are unable to financially provide for themselves after reaching retirement age, due to the wage gap and time women take off for raising children. Motherhood increases the wage gap and that puts elderly women at a higher risk for poverty. [Madame Noire]
- “Teenage Girl Blossoming Into Beautiful Object.” God bless you, The Onion. [The Onion]
- Secretary of State Hillary Clinton plans to write a second memoir. [TODAY News]
- Rep. Tammy Duckworth (D-IL) on why it’s about time for military women to serve in combat. [NPR]
- Frisky contributor Sara Benincasa on the perilous situation of the Jackson Women’s Health Organization, the only remaining abortion clinic in Mississippi. [TakePart]
- Female hedge fund managers outperform their male counterparts, according to a new report from the financial services firm Rothstein Kass. [Fast Company]
- A black feminist’s view on the new reality show about pastors’ wives, “The Sisterhood.” [Racialicious]
- President Obama is reportedly including same-sex couples in his forthcoming immigration plan. [BuzzFeed]
- The tiny town of Vicco, Kentucky, has voted to ban discrimination against anyone based on gender identity or sexual orientation. [New York Times]
- Websites that use the word “vagina” get weeded out in workplace filters, which makes reading a ladyblog during lunchtime tricky. [The Gloss]
- “I love my gays!” and 10 things straight people say that make me want to throttle them. [xoJane]
- Blogger Jill Filipovic on how “revenge porn” degrades women sexually and professionally.
- Ex-gay therapy is scary, y’all. [Think Progress]
- On young girls being sold as child brides in rural Afghanistan. [BBC]
- A visit to where Eve Ensler’s play “The Vagina Monologues” is being performed in India. [Racialicious]
- Chinese courts are failing women whose husbands are physically abusing them. [New York Times]
- Novelist Hilary Mantel has become the first person to win both the Man Book Prize and the Costa Book of the Year Award for her 2012 novel, Bring Up The Bodies. [Guardian UK]
See a story that belongs in Today’s Lady News? Send it to me at Jessica@TheFrisky.com. Follow me on Twitter.
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.