This Week In Style: Karl Lagerfeld Shows Lesbian Brides On The Runway
- As the closer to the Chanel couture show, Karl Lagerfeld sent two wedding dress-clad female models down the runway hand in hand to show his support of marriage equality. The Associated Press was quick to coin the demonstration “lesbian couture,” and we want to know what the hell that means. [Fashionista]
- As if we needed more reasons to drool over Baz Luhrmann’s upcoming adaptation of “The Great Gatsby” — Miuccia Prada, of Prada and Miu Miu, designed 40 dresses for the film. Check out 4 of the sketches, all adapted from past Prada or Miu Miu collections. Ugh, such a tease! When is this thing out already? [Telegraph]
- Concern has arisen over the apparent emaciation of a male model who walked in Hedi Slimane’s Saint Laurent menswear show. [Refinery29]
- Pros from Make Up For Ever, a rad French makeup brand that offers every product and color under the sun, are going on a 9-city educational tour of North America to promote their collaboration with Christina Ricci. And why is this worth mentioning? Because the artists are inviting you, yes, you to come to the events and bring your own makeup bags, with your own products of whatever brand, where a trained makeup artist will teach you the best ways to use the products you already own. It’s called the Make Up Bag Re-re-re-remix — are they stopping by your city? [The Gloss]
- In love with the faded ombre look, but don’t have the cash to hit up the salon? L’Oreal Paris is set to launch an at-home kit designed for the process. But on the DL, as someone who has had (and soon regretted) ombre hair, I firmly advise you: do not go it alone. This is decidedly not a project to be DIY’ed. [Beauty High]
- Nina Garcia is one busy lady: she’s the fashion director of Marie Claire, on the judging panel of “Project Runway,” and the “Style Voice” of J.C. Penney, yet she’s gone ahead and added another venture to her repertoire as the host of “Decoding Style,” a ten-episode makeover web series. Check out the first installment here! [The Cut]
- Our longtime Parisian girl crush (and Johnny Depp’s former love and mother of his children) Vanessa Paradis is the new face of H&M’s new eco-friendly Conscious Collection. She looks très woodsy. [Just Jared]
- How do we feel about designer Kelly Wearstler telling Bon Appétit, which is in essence — brace yourselves — a magazine about food, that she basically does not eat and consumes only liquids save for one small meal a day? And what is this “dry” nonfat macchiato she speaks of? [Jezebel]
- If you’re looking to detoxify your body the right way without converting your life into a perpetual juice fast à la Kelly (paaaaaar-tay), we’ve got 7 expert tips to get you back on your feet, no Breville machine necessary. [ANewMode]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.