Violence Against Women Act Reintroduced In Congress
- The Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) was reintroduced in the Senate this week. House Republicans blocked VAWA, making it the first time the bill has not been renewed since 1994, because they balked at VAWA’s inclusions for Native Americans, immigrant women, and LGBTQ folks. The bill was reintroduced, with bipartisan support, removing a provision that would have provided visas to immigrant victims of domestic violence. [New York Times, Huffington Post]
- Victims of “revenge porn” have banded together for a class action lawsuit against GoDaddy and Texxxan.com. [BetaBeat]
- I would love for conservatives to introduce me to some ladies who carry 30-round assault rifles “for self-defense.” [Feministing]
- A Catholic hospital in Colorado is claiming fetuses aren’t people in a medical malpractice suit. [Feminist.org]
- The CDC has released its first-ever national study on domestic violence and rape that is inclusive of same-sex relationships. [Queerty]
- “Anita,” a new documentary about Anita Hill, has debuted at Sundance. [Madame Noire]
- On abusive partners sabotaging contraception and “reproductive coercion.” (Thanks to commenter @ladynisa for the link!) [USA Today]
- Should you get the HPV vaccine? Slate investigates. [Slate]
- Should awards show categories be gender neutral? [Clutch Magazine]
- On the feminist history of Lesley Gore’s song “You Don’t Own Me.” [Sexy Feminist]
- Linda Riss Pugach, who was blinded by her lover and then married him and thus became the subject of the documentary “Crazy Love,” has died at age 75. [New York Times]
- Chief Theresa Spence of Canada has ended a 44-day hunger strike to draw attention to the poor living conditions of people in the First Nations. [National Post]
- Meet the women of Mexico’s drug war. [The Atlantic]
- A ban on “gay propaganda” is advancing in Russia’s Parliament … [Feminist.org]
- … meanwhile, the UK is advancing a bill for same-sex marriage equality. [Queerty]
- Meet Africa’s first billionaire, Isabel Dos Santos, who gained most of her wealth through investing. [Madame Noire]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.