Tweeting Pictures Of Your Boobs Isn’t Really Feminist, Y’all
- I guess “feminism” now means tweeting pictures of your cleavage with the hashtag #KUboobs to support your college sports team? At least that’s how some
footballbasketball fans at the University of Kansas see it. Oh, fighting about “choice feminism”: will it ever get old? [Feministing]
- On the Supreme Court’s historic Roe vs. Wade decision at 40 and reproductive justice for black women. [Ms. Magazine]
- A Satmar Hadis who sexually abused an Orthodox Jewish tween girl in Brooklyn, while supposedly “counseling” her to be more religious, has been sentenced to 103 years in prison. [New York Times]
- Guess who’s to blame for gun violence? “Welfare moms,” duh, says this Republican. [Think Progress]
- On why abortion is a labor issue. [In These Times]
- The University of North Carolina has been found to have purposefully under-reported sexual assaults against its students. [Feministing]
- Watch Katie Couric’s “Katie” interview with Judy Shepard, LGBT rights advocate and mother of the late Matthew Shepard. [Queerty]
- Can you be a feminist and enjoy sexist music? [The Gloss]
- Novelist Margaret Atwood on books and why she is so awesome. [The Rumpus]
- Beverly Wildung Harrison, the mother of Christian feminist ethics and a professor of social ethics and feminist theory at the Union Theological Seminary, died last month at age 80. [Religion Dispatches]
- Miriam Ajluni, a Palestinian-American who hosted and produced a cable access program about Arab-American issues, died at age 90. [San Jose Mercury News]
- On altering the perceptions of women in Muslim countries. [CNN]
- IKEA has run an advertisement offensive to transgender folks in Thailand. [Queerty]
- Why Saudi princesses should stand up for their country’s women. [Christian Science Monitor]
- On the scandal over poet and author Sylvia Plath’s work that is still raging strong 50 years after her death. [Guardian UK]
- French designer Andrée Putnam, who designed luxury stores and movie sets and revamped the inside of Concorde jets, died in France at age 87. [France24]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.