Some Anti-Abortion Fool Sat Up In A Tree During The Inauguration And Screamed About Babies
- An anti-abortion protester climbed up a tree — just like a bear! — at Obama’s Presidential Inauguration in Washington, D.C., today, holding a sign that read “Pray to end abortion” while screaming from amidst the branches. I bet that showed everyone. What I think is really funny is that the police just let him stay up there, assuming he’d either fall out or climb down. [The Gloss]
- A drawing by the artist Kara Walker, which depicts a black female slave performing oral sex on a white man, was covered up at the Newark Public Library after patrons protested the image. The library has finally agreed to uncover the drawing and also invited Walker to come speak at the library to discuss her work. [Madame Noire]
- On how poor women are becoming the face of abortion. [Clutch Magazine]
- Former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice has been hired as a contributor to CBS News. [Madame Noire]
- On how Kate McKinnon from “Saturday Night Live” is ushering in better representation of lesbians on the show. [After Ellen]
- Tennis player Gussie Moran died at age 89. [New York Times]
- Pro-choicers in Ireland met this weekend to strategize how to repeal Amendment 8, the constitutional ban on abortion. [Irish Central]
- The United States busted a sex trafficking ring which was funneling women from Central America and Mexico into prostitution. [BBC]
- All the focus on violence against women in India hasn’t made the patriarchy there go away. [TIME]
- Following the highly publicized gang rapes in India, women are turning to the marital arts. [Wall Street Journal]
- LGBT Jamaicans have launched a new video campaign where they share their personal stories. [Gender Focus]
- The murders of two girls, age 6 and 12, has drawn attention to violence against women in Guatemala. [CNN]
Contact the author of this post at Jessica@TheFrisky.com. Follow me on Twitter.
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.