Iran Considers Requiring Single Women To Get Permission From Father Before Traveling Abroad
- Iran will consider a parliamentary bill that will require single women to receive permission from a guardian, usually their father or brother, to travel abroad. Married women in Iran will continue to need their husband’s permission to travel. Paternalism, much? [Guardian UK]
- A seven-year-old girl in Goa, India, was raped in her school’s bathroom on Monday. [BBC]
- Read a great quote from the late Aaron Swartz, a tech activist and founder who committed suicide this weekend age 26, about sexism in technology. [Feministing]
- How one woman deals with vaguely sexist comments from her loved ones. [xoJane]
- Ellen and Lana Ector, a mother-daughter fitness duo, have created a workout DVD called “Black Girls Work Out, Too.” [The Grio]
- Looking back on the 40th anniversary of the Roe vs. Wade decision at a Pittsburgh abortion clinic. [Washington Post]
- On immigration reform for same-sex couples. [ColorLines]
- Here’s a playlist of Black female heavy metal, punk, and hard rock musicians/bands — enjoy! [Racialicious]
- Poet Sharon Olds has become the first American woman to win the T.S. Eliot Prize for her book of poems, Stag’s Leap. [Daily Mail UK]
- On the problems in India’s high-end marriage market. [New York Times]
- Fear of rape and other sexual violence is causing Syrian women and girls to flee their homes, according to a new report by the International Rescue Committee. [NPR]
- On what prompts Kurdish women to take up arms. [BBC]
- Women appointed to a new Saudi Arabian governmental assembly will have to convene for meetings in a separate room from the men. [NPR]
- On French women and feminism. [Christian Science Monitor]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.