This Week In Style: Is The Kate Middleton Effect Waning?
- Apparently, the “Kate Effect” that has consumers scrambling to purchase clothes spotted on Kate Middleton isn’t all it’s cracked up to be: the Duchess’s penchant for wearing past-season items means most of them have already sold out by the time she’s photographed in them. Designer Roland Mouret even went so far as to say his brand would be more likely to get orders on a dress worn by Kim Kardashian than Kate Middleton. Sad, but probably true. Just don’t tell Kim. [Telegraph]
- Katie Holmes signed on as the first celebrity face of Bobbi Brown a few months ago — and now here’s our first look at her ad campaign for Bobbi’s Long-Wear Cream Shadow Sticks. [Huffington Post]
- Francesca Eastwood, daughter of Clint and Miss Golden Globe 2013, has been named as the new face of cosmetics brand Too Faced for their Fall 2013 collection. [IB Times]
- Love Marc Jacobs? You’re in luck — his very first cosmetics line is set to launch at Sephora this fall. [Fashionista]
- Apropos of that, Time magazine wonders if Sephora will become high fashion’s next target as designers tire of department store collaborations. I’m cool with that, so long as it doesn’t crash my beloved Sephora.com, which I have open in a separate window every minute of every day. That’s normal. [Time]
- Today, a Scottish castle; tomorrow, Dallas, Texas…? Karl Lagerfeld has decided that he’ll be showing next year’s Chanel Metier d’Arts show in the Lonestar State. It turns out the Kaiser has a soft spot for Texans! [The Cut]
- Legendary supermodel Gemma Ward, who quit the industry after boyfriend Heath Ledger passed away in 2008 and she found herself subsequently criticized for her weight gain, is returning to modeling. If you aren’t familiar with Gemma, she was one of the first faces to spark the interest in almost supernatural, alien-like features, and she is very smart and all-around awesome. Yay! [The Gloss]
- “Brooklyn scruff invades Bergdorfs”? God help us; we come one dangerous step closer to Derelicte with each passing day. [New York Observer]
- A new study shows that people who regularly watch reality beauty shows on TV are much more likely to tan, whether outdoors or using tanning lamps, than those who don’t tune in to the same shows. However! I do not know what these “reality beauty shows” are in the first place. This isn’t about “Tabitha’s Salon Takeover,” is it? [HealthDay News]
- Contemplating cutting your hair into a bob? Here’s some serious hair inspiration that’ll have you itching to make the chop. Don’t say we didn’t warn you. [A New Mode]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.