Pittsburgh Steelers Player Chris Rainey Arrested For Striking Girlfriend
- Pittsburgh Steelers running back Chris Rainey has been arrested on one count of “simple violence,” which I guess is what they call “dating violence” in Gainsville, Florida, after hitting his girlfriend. The two allegedly fought over a cell phone and a witness saw Rainey slap the woman across the face with an open hand. She then ran off and Rainey chased her, eventually knocking both of them to the ground. Following the incident, the Steelers cut Rainey from the team. [USA Today]
- This week’s issue of The New York Times Magazine has an incredible feature about the parents of a murdered 19-year-old woman who have not only forgiven their daughter’s killer (her then-boyfriend) but have fought for his sentence to be reduced. The piece is being held up as a miraculous example of the power and potential of what’s called restorative and/or reparative justice, however, many are concerned with how the piece all but ignores the issue of domestic violence. [Feministe]
- On Kathryn Bigelow being snubbed by the Academy in the Best Director category at the Oscars. The nominees were announced this morning and Bigelow — whose film, “Zero Dark Thirty,” has been both heralded and criticized for its portrayal of the mission that found and killed Osama Bin Laden — was shockingly absent. [Slate]
- Why Planned Parenthood is now steering clear of phrases like “pro-choice” and “pro-life.” [Jezebel]
- A 20-year-old man who used Facebook to lure a 13-year-old girl into having sex with him has been sentenced to 20 days in jail, weekends only. [The Daily Dot]
- One writer makes the case for single motherhood being best for kids. [Slate]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.