NASA Is Developing Warp Speed!
- Apparently the Milky Way contains 17 billlllllion planets the size of Earth. Billlllllion. [Newser]
- And NASA is apparently developing warp speed technology – yes, just like on “Star Trek”! — so we can, you know, in theory, explore them. I think it’s time for us to review the tenants of the Prime Directive don’t you? God, this gives me such a nerd boner. I have chosen to illustrate this post with this awesome video of the evolution of the warp drive effect on “Star Trek” to aid NASA in their efforts. [Gizmodo]
- Game of Thrones author George R. R. Martin has posted a new chapter from The Winds of Winter, his upcoming new Song of Fire and Ice book, on his website. [The Mary Sue]
- Woot! Check out the first pics of Sam Clafin as Finnick in “Catching Fire,” the “Hunger Games” sequel. Hottie! [Next Movie]
- A video mashup of all the space helmets worn in film history. [Next Movie]
- Want to understand your dreams a little better? Start by taking a look at the weird things that influence what you dream… [Cracked]