Makeup Bag: The Best Beauty Buys $25 And Under
I don’t know about you, but my New Year’s resolutions have a lot to do with being a little more frugal. It hurts to part with my crazy-high skincare and makeup budget (seriously, what’s wrong with me?), but this is something that must be done. Rather than go cold turkey on my favorite products (never a good idea), I’ve found that many of them come in significantly cheaper mini forms, so I don’t have to sacrifice style for savings… and neither do you! Here are 10 of my favorite, no-fail beauty products that ring in at just $25 or under, perfect for your (and my) penny-pinching program.
- Soap & Glory Face Soap and Clarity 3-In-1 Daily-Detox Vitamin C Facial Wash: This detoxifying sulfate-free facial wash (from the cheeky British brand run by the founder of Bliss) acts as a 3-in-1 to smooth, cleanse, and exfoliate. It’s like a spa facial, or a luxury cleansing formula, but way cheaper.
- MAKE UP FOR EVER Microfinish Powder: This makeup artist must-have runs $32 for a full-size, but given the tiny amount required to cover the face, this travel-size mini will last you forever. Use a big, fluffy powder brush (or, better yet, kabuki) and dust a thin layer over your oiliest areas.
- Clinique Airbrush Concealer: Unlike the legendary French favorite that’s twice the price, this brightening concealer is illuminating and affordable, not to mention its skin-friendly ingredients.
- Caudalie Beauty Elixir: Use this powerful potion, packed with revitalizing essential oils, to tone, set makeup, or refresh throughout the day. It instantly tightens and revives skin, shrinking pores and stimulating circulation thanks to a potent blend of bitter orange, rosemary, peppermint, balm mint, and grape.
- Revlon Brow Fantasy: With a hard, powdery pencil on one end and a translucent gel on the other, this tiny tool is all you’ll ever need to shape and refine brows… and make them stay that way.
- Benefit They’re Real!: Benefit’s best-selling mascara is amazing, as the name implies, for that false lash look. This mini version is more practical than the full-size, considering mascara should go straight to the trash three months after opening. You do that, right?
- Simple Facial Wipes: No access to a sink? No problem. These gentle cleansing face wipes remove makeup and grime in one simple swipe.
- Stila Convertible Color: This creamy compact in a range of colors dries to a powdery stain on lips and cheeks for two-in-one color that lasts all day long.
- Surya Brasil Lip Balm: These all-natural vegan lip treatments made with 100% vegetable extracts leave lips soft, smooth, and hydrated; plus, they come in five delicious flavors that you could probably eat in a desert island situation.
- Josie Maran Argan Oil: The former model’s much-lauded oil runs pricy at $48 for a full-sized bottle, but this tinier take on it is almost a quarter of the price. Used sparingly, it’ll last months.