- Watch this absolutely infuriating interview with Army Staff Sgt. Tracy Dice, who lost her wife Sgt. Donna Johnson on October 1 when she was killed with two other soldiers by a suicide bomber in Afghanistan. Sgt. Dice is now being shut out of military benefits owed to her, as Johnson’s legal widow, because of the Defense Of Marriage Act. [Towelroad]
- ESPN sportscasters drooling over Miss Alabama in the stands of the Alabama/Notre Dame football game was gross. [Viva La Feminista]
- Male CEOs with daughters — particularly firstborns — increase the salaries of their female employees, according to a new study presented at the American Economic Association. [Feministing]
- Five anti-abortion states to watch in 2013. [Mother Jones]
- Why has there not been a Harriet Tubman biopic yet? [Think Progress]
- On rape, American-style. [Racialicious]
Send tips and feedback to Jessica@TheFrisky.com. Follow me on Twitter.