ESPN’s Jemele Hill Tweet Photo Of Her Sexist, Racist Hate Mail
- Last week, ESPN sportscaster Jemele Hill, who is black, shared on Twitter a horrifically racist and sexist letter that she received from a viewer. It’s pretty fucking awful. [Clutch Magazine, Huffington Post]
- I don’t even want to know about a “bulimia machine.” [Jezebel]
- Alabama State Rep. Patricia Todd, who is openly gay, introduced a bill that would repeal the inclusion of an anti-gay curriculum, which teaches that homosexuality is “unacceptable,” in the state’s public schools. [Human Rights Campaigns]
- Students involved in the Steubenville “rape crew” — who raped an unconscious teen girl, took pictures, and bragged about it in a chilling video — are now seeing their college prospects falter. [Atlantic Wire]
- Kristine Sink, a corrections officer at an Iowa prison, is speaking out about how prisoners are allowed to watch violent, sexually explicit movies. [Yahoo]
- “Ugly” women work harder, according to a wildly sexist interpretation of data. [The Jane Dough]
- Breastfeeding moms — aka “lactivists” — held a nationwide nurse-in at Hollister stores in support of a woman who was asked to leave a Houston store because she was nursing. [Buzzfeed]
- On Slate.com’s Dear Prudence advice columnist and her rape denialism. [Feministing]
- Blogger Carolyn Castiglia on why the media needs to cool it with lumping all single moms together. [Babble]
- On Malaysian child brides. [Muslimah Media Watch]
- UK Labour Party MP Diane Abbot has suggested that feminism may have had a negative effect on the families of Britain. [Telegraph UK]
- And a British psychotherapist who specializes in young women says the “girl power generation” is struggling to settle down in ways women traditionally have done. [Guardian UK]
- An Australian bar has removed cocktails from the menu called Winey Bitch and Red-Headed Slut after complaints. [Courier Mail AU]
- Actresses are dominating in the BAFTA’s Rising Star 2013 nominees. [Harper’s Bazaar UK]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.