- The United Kingdom is seeking stricter regulation of cosmetic surgery procedures, including an proposed ban on “free consultations” and “two-for-one” plastic surgery deals, as well as two stages of written consent. The regulations follow a scandal last year, where almost 50,000 breast implants manufactured in France were found to contain industrial grade silicone, instead of medical-grade silicone. [Guardian UK]
- Texas Republicans are attempting to make it more difficult to acquire the abortion pill, which is a safe and discreet way for women to terminate pregnancies at home. [Huffington Post]
- Check out the just-launched Radical Women’s History Project Tumblr! [RWHP]
- Actress Roseanne Barr on why she’s taken up exposing the Steubenville, Ohio, rape case as her pet cause. [BuzzFeed]
- On television’s portrayal of young women in the workplace. [Bitch Magazine]
- Gerda Lerner, who fought for the first women’s studies graduate program in the U.S., died at 92. [New York Times]
See a story that belongs in Today’s Lady News? Send it to me at Jessica@TheFrisky.com and follow me on Twitter.