UK Cracking Down On Cosmetic Surgery Procedures
- The United Kingdom is seeking stricter regulation of cosmetic surgery procedures, including an proposed ban on “free consultations” and “two-for-one” plastic surgery deals, as well as two stages of written consent. The regulations follow a scandal last year, where almost 50,000 breast implants manufactured in France were found to contain industrial grade silicone, instead of medical-grade silicone. [Guardian UK]
- Texas Republicans are attempting to make it more difficult to acquire the abortion pill, which is a safe and discreet way for women to terminate pregnancies at home. [Huffington Post]
- Check out the just-launched Radical Women’s History Project Tumblr! [RWHP]
- Actress Roseanne Barr on why she’s taken up exposing the Steubenville, Ohio, rape case as her pet cause. [BuzzFeed]
- On television’s portrayal of young women in the workplace. [Bitch Magazine]
- Gerda Lerner, who fought for the first women’s studies graduate program in the U.S., died at 92. [New York Times]
See a story that belongs in Today’s Lady News? Send it to me at Jessica@TheFrisky.com and follow me on Twitter.
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.