Republicans Block Renewal Of The Violence Against Women Act
- House Republicans have blocked the Violence Against Women Act, making it the first time the bill has not been renewed since 1994. GOP legislators balked at VAWA’s inclusions for Native Americans, immigrant women, and LGBTQ folks. God, this is depressing. [MSNBC]
- A judge has ruled that Texas can cut off funding to Planned Parenthood clinics and deny health care coverage to nearly 50,000 poor women (it objects to clinics providing abortions) while a trial goes forward to ascertain the legality of the state’s defunding. [New York Daily News, Reproductive Health Reality Check]
- Pregnancies by Latina women declined from 2007 to 2010, as Hispanic women are planning for smaller families. [New York Times]
- The Sundance Film Festival will feature an equal number of male and female directors in the U.S. Dramatic Competition for the first time ever this year. [Wall Street Journal]
- On a new paid internship to encourage women to become chefs. [Wall Street Journal]
- Eight awesome feminist T-shirts for little girls. [The Stir]
- Why are there so few women in J.R.R. Tolkien’s world? [Time]
- 1950s pop singer Patti Page, who sang “How Much Is That Doggie In The Window?”, has died at 85. [Newser]
- Catherine O’Neill, a Democratic politician in California and founder of the Women’s Refugee Commission, died at 70. [Los Angeles Times]
- A Brazilian teenager is selling her virginity to pay for her sick mother’s health care. [The Blisstree]
- Five female teachers in Pakistan were assassinated yesterday, along with two health care workers, for their involvement in a polio vaccination campaign. [Christian Science Monitor]
- On rape culture in India and why Indian women need their own political party. [New York Times, PBS, New York Times]
- Spanish police have arrested 17 sex traffickers who forced Nigerian women into prostitution by threatening them with voodoo curses. [Fox News]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.