Woman’s Family Sues Online Gun Website Over Lack Of Accountability
- The family of Jitka Vesel filed a lawsuit earlier this month against Armslist.com for illegally selling a gun to the man who murdered her. Vesel was shot as many as 12 times in the parking lot of a Chicago suburb by a stalker. Her murderer was not supposed to be able to legally acquire the murder weapon on Armslist.com, but was able to purchase it by paying an extra $200. [Think Progress]
- Female avatars in the video game Second Life are more likely to be dressed in skin-revealing clothing, according to a study of 400 avatars. [Geekosystem]
- Find out how Stanford University is bridging the gender gap in the computer sciences. [TechCrunch]
- Meet Christian author Victoria Christopher Murphy, who has been nominated for an NAACP Image Award for the second time. [Madame Noire]
- The top 10 worst sexist remarks of 2012. [The Jane Dough]
- On the mixed blessings of “dadvertising,” or advertising to fathers. [Bitch Magazine]
- On women and power tools. [Slate]
- Midge Turk Richardson, a former nun who bcame the editor-in-chief of Cosmopolitan magazine, died last week at 82. [BuzzFeed]
- The 23-year-old woman who was gang raped on a bus in India last week has been flown out of New Delhi to a hospital in Singapore for more treatment. [New York Times]
- … and then the son of the President referred to the protesters as “highly dented and painted,” meaning crazy and dressed like whores. [Indian Express]
- India’s Prime Minister has set up two committees to look into issues pertaining to rape culture, specifically problems with sexual assault trials and women’s safety. [New York Daily News]
- Also following the gang rape, an Indian cricket player and a Bollywood actress have come together to start a website called Cheer-O-Meter to support adolescent girls. [ONTD]
- A hospital in Kenya is keeping poor women captive if they are unable to pay their medical bills. [New York Daily News]
See a story that belongs in Today’s Lady News? Follow me on Twitter.
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.