CW Developing “Sherwood” Series About A Female Robin Hood
- The CW is developing a new TV series about Robin Hood called “Sherwood,” which will star a female lead. [NYMag.com]
- New HIV infections among African American women are on the decline for the first time ever, according to new data from the Centers For Disease Control. [Madame Noire]
- It’s extremely difficult for a 17-year-old girl in Virginia to bypass the state’s parental consent laws by obtaining written permission from a judge. [Huffington Post]
- One anonymous woman’s story about her rape. [Reproductive Rights Reality Check]
- Why pop culture needs more pot-smoking female stars like Rihanna and Lady Gaga. [AlterNet]
- Meet Ursula Burns, the African-American CEO of Xerox who is a possible nominee of President Obama for Secretary of Commerce. [Madame Noire]
- A Saudi women’s rights activist is arguing that women will be safer if they are legally allowed to drive, rather than having to be at the mercy of hiring male drivers. [Al-Arabiya]
- Pakistani woman’s rights activist Malala Yousafzai, who was shot by the Taliban in October due to her activism on behalf of girls’ education rights, was TIME magazine’s runner-up for “Person Of The Year.” [Poynter]
- Also, Malala has asked that a college not be named after her, so that students who attend the school are not put at risk. [New York Times]
- Why is the health of Kashmiri women steadily deteriorating? [International Business Times]
- Tajikistan recently passed its first-ever law on domestic violence. [Radio Free Europe]
- Also, with both parents emigrating from Tajikistan for work, more and more grandmothers are finding themselves the caregivers of young children. [Radio Free Europe]
- Why the feminist punk rock band Pussy Riot gave this year’s most important musical performance. [Guardian UK]
- Why are European women about to see their insurance premiums double? [Telegraph UK]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.