“Bad Barbies” Girl Gang Terrorizing The Bronx
- There’s a girl gang called the “Bad Barbies” in The Bronx who are an offshoot of a larger Latino gang throughout New York City. Hmm, ladies, this is not the sort of gender equality we support. [New York Post]
- The New York Times had an in-depth piece this weekend about the town of Steubenville, Ohio, and the sexual assault of a young woman, possibly by members of the high school football team. [New York Times]
- Will the Newtown, Connecticut, massacre finally force us to have a conversation about violence and masculinity in America? [Ms. Magazine]
- Time Inc. has named Martha Nelson its first-ever female editor-in-chief. Nelson will oversee People, Time, Sports Illustrated, and other magazines. [The Wrap]
- The city of Helena, Montana, has passed nondiscrimination protections for its LGBT citizens in employment, housing and public accommodations. [Think Progress]
- On why the “nice guys commit rape, too” conversation, pushed by the dude blog The Good Men Project, is not helpful to dismantling rape culture. [Guardian UK]
- A marriage equality bill is headed to Rhode Island’s state senate next year. [Queerty]
- Last week was a pretty shitty week for black women in the workplace — here’s why. [The Root]
- Our Mommie Dearest columnist Avital Norman Nathman on fashion and feminism. [Ms. Magazine]
- Blogger Erin Matson on pregnancy after an eating disorder. [Erin To The Max]
- Will there ever be a black “Daria”? [Madame Noire]
- Tedious human being Bret Easton Ellis has apologized to “Zero Dark Thirty” director Kathryn Bigelow for tweeting that she’s only getting recognition as a director because she’s hot. [ONTD]
- A woman in Delhi, India was brutally gang raped on a bus. [New York Times]
- Gunman murdered five women working with the United Nations on behalf of polio vaccination in Pakistan. [New York Times]
- Saudi Arabia is easing restrictions on women’s right to work. [BBC]
- An editorial from the Vatican’s official newspaper claims that lesbian and gay couples exist in “a different reality.” [Think Progress]
- South Korea is close to electing its first female president. [Feministing]
See a story that belongs in Today’s Lady News? Send it to me at Jessica@TheFrisky.com. Follow me on Twitter.
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.