ESPN Radio Hosts Suspended For Calling Trans Athlete An “It”
- ESPN Radio “temporarily” suspended hosts who made transphobic comments about a trans basketball player, including referring to her as “it” and saying that no one who is trans should be allowed to play sports. [Queerty]
- Susan Rice is officially withdrawing from consideration for Secretary of State. [Twitter.com/NBCnews]
- On Victoria’s Secret’s continued beef with an anti-rape group. [Black Book Mag]
- Catholic University has rejected the creation of an LGBT allies student group on campus. [Think Progress]
- Depressing chart time! Newspapers don’t care when notable women die. [Mother Jones]
- On calling out sexism in the wine industry. [Inside IWM]
- Feministe blogger Jill Filipovic on the many ways the blog The Good Men Project has become a haven for rape apologists … [Feministe]
- … and blogger Kate Harding gives a big ol’ fuck you to so-called “men’s rights activists.” [Jezebel]
- Reflecting on the 20th anniversary of Possessing The Secret Of Joy, Alice Walker’s novel which addresses female genital mutilation. [Uptown Magazine]
- On the female pilots were who cut from “Return Of the Jedi” and the future of “Star Wars.” [Think Progress]
- We’re having the wrong conversation about sex work and it makes Rush Limbaugh happy. [Feministing]
- Morehouse College, a historically black college, will offer its first course on black LGBT history. [Queerty]
- What the fiscal cliff means for black women. [Clutch Magazine]
- Why labor unions are a feminist issue. [Ms. Magazine]
- On the war widows of Iraq. [Guardian UK]
- Scotland will introduce a bill to legalize gay marriage in 2013. [Queerty]
- Women’s rights are in question in the new Egyptian constitution. [Feminist.org]
- A bill that would provide free contraception to poor Filipinos is advancing through the Philippine House of Representatives. [Feminist.org]
- Clips of customers falling over while they rush to catch a train, which were put together by Network Rail as safety warnings, are being criticized for showing women. [Guardian UK]
- Learn more about the Solar Cooker Project and how it helps Darfuri women refugees. [Ms. Magazine]
See a story that belongs on Today’s Lady News? Follow me on Twitter.
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.